Edgedata respects the privacy of every individual who visits its websites. Any information collected about you will be used to fulfil any service you might request, to inform you about new products and/or services and also to improve how we serve you. Your data will be treated in accordance with relevant European Union and local country legal provisions. Your information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Edgedata.
We protect the data in strict accordance with the Principles of the European Union Data Protection Framework Directives, in particular EU Directive 95/46/EC.
Any information that you choose to provide us with about yourself will be held on a secure computer server in the United Kingdom. The server software (SSL) encrypts all the information you supply us.
This ensures, among other things, that data we hold about you are processed lawfully and fairly. We aim to ensure that the personal data stored will be accurate, relevant and not excessive. We will keep the data up to date and not retain the information longer than is necessary. We will keep data securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Edgedata will not share or loan any identifiable information about you to any third party without your consent. We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with partners or other parties in such a way that individual visitors can never be identified. It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to receive further communications from us.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information on registration forms, support forms and the contact us form.
This information may include data such as your name, email address and Country.
We use this information:
- To help make your visit more enjoyable
- To send you relevant information about products and services
- To email you from time to time about promotions or products and services which we think may be of interest to you
If you choose to receive information or other communications from us, you can select that option by ticking the relevant box on any form. You can also tell us by email at any time if you do not want to receive any more communications from us.
If you have allowed us to use your personal information for the purposes above, we may from time to time disclose this information to any company or organisation to which we pass the responsibility to handle email or other direct marketing communications on our behalf. Should this happen, we ensure that any third party companies who handle your information comply with the relevant Data Protection Acts.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING YOUR VISIT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you browse the https://www.edgedata.co.uk website, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site.
This information does not identify you personally. It just tells us how many visitors come to our site and the types of computers they use. With this information, we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
The information includes the following:
- The date and time you access our site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on our site and how long you were on the site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 7, Mac OSX).
- The type of device you used to access the website (e.g. Personal computer, tablet, mobile device).
- The site you were on before you linked to www.edgedata.co.uk (e.g. Google if you found us from a search engine).
If you have any specific questions that are not covered in this section, or you want to know what information we currently store on you, please mail your enquiry to:
The Old Dairy Lammas Leas Road